Monday, March 5, 2012

3 weeks in....



I have had a very nice couple days friends!! As seen in my last post, I was a bit overwhelmed with the move back to here and getting settled in.

Thursday the sky was BLUE with sunshine!!! I was mesmerized! And it wasn't so cold : ) I went and registered with my former teaching agency and saw that across the street is a new Jamie Oliver restaurant!!! I wonder how often he goes by there, if ever? I told le Rey we have to eat there sometime!! And I saw in the window some very nice canisters that I want (I'm obsessed with canisters right now).

 

Then my lovely husband (still feels funny to say that word!) called me to ask if he could pick anything up from the store that he stumbled across on his way home from work (we're still getting to know the area and where all the shops are)........what a sweetie and he came home with all kinds of baking supplies for me as I said I wanted some flour and sugar to bake some cookies.........yum yum can't wait to make my pumpkin-oatmeal-cranberry-walnut cookies!!
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/pumpkin-spiced-oatmeal-pecan-cookies.html

Anyway, yesterday le Rey got off work early which was a nice surprise--so we got a lot done! I have now joined his bank account and we booked our wedding venue!!!  It was a gorgeous walk from our flat here in Wimbledon, at a place called Cannizaro House.

we're not using the whole place....just one of the rooms and terrace if the weather allows : )
  
Then we walked around Wimbledon to get to know our new little town.........it was a very special time: le Rey and I were not talking about the wedding, things to buy for the flat, or food for the week.........just being in a romantic moment. It was a turning point for me to realize I am really here with le Rey and not just here on vacation. I feel a little more trusting (if that makes sense) that I can open my heart a little more. My heart had steadily grown a bit rigid over the course of our long-distance relationship.It is great to be together again.

Well hello--the above was from a week ago, I had saved it because I wasn't finished with what I was saying. Now I've forgotten the rest..........oh well.

Now where are things?

I feel different every hour.............sometimes I'm embracing life here, sometimes I long to just go back to Phoenix and have the convenient lifestyle I was used to. Don't get me wrong, I am SUPER happy to be back together with le Rey, that part is great!  But he is working 15 hour days (with commute) and I am still not working yet! I have to have 3 proofs of address to be able to teach (did I already mention that?) and the stupid bank here (seriously slow and inefficient) lost my paperwork to put me on the account which has now put me 2 weeks behind to start work (so dumb!)..........

Also since I never got the QTS status that overseas teachers have to get within 4 years of teaching here, I am seen as an UNQUALIFIED TEACHER. MASTERS DEGREE MEANS NOTHING HERE. Isn't that fun?

I have been very humbled friends. I can see that I need to eat my words with what I've said about Arizona. Sunshine, family, friends, banks and other things that run better than here. And I know schools would want me there!

So. you've caught me on a down moment. le Rey left for a night shift at 5:30 tonight and with his commute, he will not get back until 8:45 tomorrow morning. Not fun, I don't know how he does it. You would be very proud of me: I have been cooking and organizing much better than I predicted as I feel like it's the least I can do with all he does for me. Hope I can keep it up! He has been making me breakfast on his days off though-he's wonderful!

He also got me a short term membership at a superNICE gym in the area as I think he could sense that the gym and yoga classes would boost my mood.........I thought it was too expensive, so I call it a wedding present : )  It feels great to get back into it.

Alright gotta run............don't worry about me. Like I said, I'm adjusting, it's a bit overwhelming at times, but the best times are when le Rey and I get to spend time together.

I know I need to make the most of this lovely city since nothing is forever. Hope you are fully present in your life, living it to the fullest!

Love you all!

Kelli


               

1 comment:

  1. Love the update and love you are feeling a bit more settled, if only at times. Glad your AZ bones found some sun to savor!

    ReplyDelete