Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thankful

Hello!

Schools were on holiday this past week, but I still do not know where the time has gone!  Hope you are doing well.  Here are some pictures from walks through the park and a trip to Camden market with a long-lost (not really lost) traveling companion!

{sidenote}: as I upload these photos, I'm watching the movie Dear John. I remember watching this in Australia when le Rey was in Afghanistan. I feel guilty that I don't say a prayer of praise everyday thanking our merciful God for protecting le Rey through his deployments. How quickly I forget what those times were like. 

If any of you have a loved one on deployment, my heart goes out to you. I know it's heart wrenching and uncertain. I hope you have moments of peace as you wait, and the deployment ends quickly.

That's all for today. Feeling grateful that my sweet, wonderful husband is sleeping peacefully in the next room and that I don't have to wonder about the next phone call.



 

there were some huge mansions on the way home from my walk






 


2 comments:

  1. Awww...so much fun! People do seem to forget about all the sacrifices being mad every day and oftentimes, they just don't know about them. Unfortunately, headlines are more about celebrities or politicians, rather than reminding people of fellow countrymen that are serving or losing life every day. I guess living around a military community helped open my eyes to that years ago, but before then, it really wasn't a part of my American Culture. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Loved the photos and update!

    ReplyDelete